Have you already been to Maribor ? Check why you need to visit us.
- Maribor is nowadays firmly positioned on the tourist map of the world as:
- the European Capital of Culture 2012,
- city of the World Youth Chess Championship 2012
- one of the TOP 10 tourist destinations in the world in the opinion of various media in the past few years
- the centre of one of the fastest growing destinations in Slovenia
- the city of the oldest vine in the world, attracting many visitors from all over the world to the Old Vine House.
Maribor is wonderfully nestled in the embrace of the green Pohorje Mountains on one side and the picturesque wine-growing hills on the other. The city is located by the Drava River and in its centre grows the oldest – over 450 years old – vine in the world.
Tourist destination Maribor - Pohorje, Central Styria, offers excellent experiences and adventures, opportunities for wine and culinary enthusiasts, sport, recreation, culture, nature, tourism in the countryside and especially ecotourism, wellness and well-being, (spiritual) pilgrimage, as well as congress and business tourism, gambling and shopping.